Daddy! :) Jan.
13, 2014
Thanks for emailing
me! As much as mom will love being in St. Louis for a while, I definitely know
that she will want to come back, because otherwise she would miss you too much!
:)
I'm glad seminary
went well this morning. Good luck tomorrow and Wednesday. You will do great! I
think you are a great teacher.
Way to go on the driving
test/practice stuff! I hope the actual drive test goes well too. Is it kinda
weird to be taking a drive test even though you've been driving for over 30
years? Do you want to know what's weird? I haven't driven in over 6 months!
Crazy, huh?
I think about you and
mom and the girls and the rest of the family often too. That Stake Fireside
sounded cool!
Anyway, I am grateful
for you and for the gospel and for the happiness that it brings. Good luck this
week with work and taking care of the girls! I love you!
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr
:)
P.S. The scripture
for the week is Alma 53:20-21. How is your scripture reading going, by the way?
Hi Mommy! Jan. 13. 2014
I am glad that you are enjoying your time in St. Louis so far! It sounds like you have a great week ahead of you!
I am glad that you are enjoying your time in St. Louis so far! It sounds like you have a great week ahead of you!
I hope the rest of
the fam in the UK will be okay, and that Savannah gets better.
Have fun shopping and
getting stuff to take back to England!
_____________ was
dropped this week. She and her mom were pretty argumentative when we went over,
so that's sad. But I still wish them the best.
K____________,
though, is doing awesome! We have been able to teach her the Restoration and
the Plan of Salvation and she will be getting baptized on February 1st! So we
are way pumped and excited about that! :)
This week, on Friday
we were also able to find two, well actually three, new investigators! We
stopped by some people who were in our Area book under "Former
Investigators" and they are willing to listen and let us come back! One is
a couple who have four young kids and we have an appointment with them tonight!
The other is a lady named L_____ who is really funny and said she would call
us. But if she doesn't, we will stop by again.
I really can't
believe that Elder and Sister Boone remember me that well. They were only there
about 2-3 weeks before I left! But it's pretty cool that people do remember me.
I just hope that I can do everything I can to help others come closer to
Christ.
The fudge was really
good and actually not hard at all! Thanks!
Haha, thanks for that
compliment. I am not that great at writing good letters, but I am great at
writing letters in general!
I love you mommy!
Thanks for all you do and for your support and letters/emails every week! They
really mean a lot! You are awesome! Have a great vacation and tell everyone
that I love them!
Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr
:)
P.S. The scripture for the week is Alma 53:20-21. Try and
pick out an attribute that you can work on!
Hi family in England! Jan. 21, 2014
I'm glad that you all
survived without mom! Did you remember that yesterday was Martin Luther King
Jr. Day? That's why I didn't email yesterday, because the library was closed.
Emma: So far there
have been two baptisms while I've been here and K_________ will be getting
baptized in about two weeks! I'm happy that you are so excited to see Sadie!
The poop-scooping won't be too bad though, and it'll be worth it, right?! I'm
kinda jealous that mom got to go visit them too, but it's okay! How is your
play going? Have you figured out what your character is like? I love you and
miss you my Cutie Pie!
Savannah: That sounds
really traumatizing! AH! I'm glad that you are okay though! And, I'm also glad
that that didn't happen to me, hehe! :) (Savannah was at a really fun youth activity,
in a bouncy house, and was trapped at the bottom for a minute) Good luck
convincing mom and dad to let to go with them and leave Emma (a 13-year old)
home alone by herself! I can't believe that you and Emma are getting so good on
the horses! You will both smoke me when I come back! I've been thinking about
you a lot too! I always do though. Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to
share the gospel with your friends at school, okay? I love ya Sasalito! :)
(Man, typing that nickname really makes me want to eat some Mexican
food...haha.)
Daddio! I'm glad to
hear that you enjoyed teaching seminary so much! Teaching is pretty great. I
don't get nearly as nervous about it as I used to either. Do you have any
stories or things that you remember from your mission that you would like to
tell me? Because I would love to hear anything! Do you still keep in contact
with any of your companions or converts?
The
"reach-out" day sounds awesome! We always want members at our
lessons, because it helps the person who we teach have a friend, so that is so
cool!
I know the girls are
really excited for Sadie to come and live there, but how are you feeling about
it? :) I love you dad! Thanks for your strong testimony that you have always
shown!
I love you all! I
hope you have a great week! I'll send some other details to mom, so ask her for
some of those and for pictures, okay?
LOVE,
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
P.S. The scriptures
for the week are:
Alma 58:40
Alma 58:40
Alma 58:11
Alma 61:9
and you should also read the talk "Enduring Well"
from the January 2014 Ensign!
Hi Mommy! :) Jan. 21, 2014
Before I forget,
would you call BYU-Idaho sometime soon (it needs to be before April) and talk
to them about me wanting to come back in 2015 and start going back to school
for that Spring semester in April? Thanks!
Okay, that story
about Oliver asking for his grandma is SO CUTE! I definitely think he likes you
mom! And that he will miss you when you leave and that he will always remember
who you are! That's funny that you and Brittany were a little overzealous in your
shopping. I hope you can figure out how to get all of the stuff over to the UK!
K____________ is
doing awesome! She is so excited to get baptized! Her mom isn't super thrilled,
but she gave her permission, so that's good. We haven't heard from L___, we did
drop by this past week, though. And the couple with 4 kids cancelled the
appointment on last Monday, so we will try to set up something new this week.
I'll try to send pictures this week if I have time!
I loved sending you a
note this week while you were at Brittany's! It made me so excited for you to
get it! I'm glad you liked it though!
I will definitely
keep you and Sadie in my thoughts as you are traveling today. Make sure you two
stay safe! That is funny what dad said about being a single parent though.
Mom, I love you so
much! I can't wait until I get to give you a hug again! Thank you for you and
dad always supporting me and encouraging me to do my best even when it's hard,
because it IS hard! I know that this gospel is true! And being a missionary is
the best way that I can share that knowledge with others who choose to listen!
Would you mind sharing some of your mission stories with me sometime? I would
really like to hear some of those. Oh and guess what?! My four-month is on
Saturday! Cuh-razy!
Thank you for that
spiritual thought! I loved it! The spiritual thought on my side today is: Alma
58:11,40 and Alma 61:9. Also, you and the family should read "Enduring
Well" from the January 2014 Ensign. It's really good!
Sorry that this email
is kinda short! I love you SO much and think about you all the time!
I will try and send
pictures in just a few minutes if I have time before my email time runs out.
Keep up the good
work! You are awesome!
LOVE, love love!
Your daughter,
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr
:)
Hi familia! Jan. 27, 2014
Sorry, this might be
a little short!
I'm so glad to hear
that Sadie is home safe and that she's adjusting well! That's cool that you got
to go through the Chunnel, I definitely want to go through there sometime when
I get home.
Mom, good luck adjusting back to London time! You've got it! Also, thanks for sending me that story about your mission. It is really cool to see that you're making a difference and to see the members accept you, (or rather me) faults and all. I have definitely seen that. I know how you feel having to bike up a hill going home! I had to do that for my first transfer as well! That's kinda neat!
Mom, good luck adjusting back to London time! You've got it! Also, thanks for sending me that story about your mission. It is really cool to see that you're making a difference and to see the members accept you, (or rather me) faults and all. I have definitely seen that. I know how you feel having to bike up a hill going home! I had to do that for my first transfer as well! That's kinda neat!
Chris (Elder Crandall)
emailed me back this week! :) So that's cool.
Daddio! Thanks for
sharing that story from your mission too! I feel inadequate and scared to talk
to people a lot too, and I'm in an English mission! It's a lot harder than I
thought and I'm still not used to it. I don't think I'll ever fully get used to
it though, ha.
I have heard about
the superbowl that's coming up! I can't believe that the first year I'm gone,
the Seahawks actually made it to the Super Bowl! Haha. Oh well, I'll survive.
Sasa: I'm happy that
you are enjoying the American food and things that mom brought back! And aren't
you and Emma lucky ducks! You both got to go to France! WAY COOL!
Cutie pie (Emma):
That's so fun that you go to go to France and through the Chunnel! Also, I'm
glad that Sadie got back safely and that you are enjoying having her home!
This week was good!
Sister Hansen was sick on Monday, P-day was on Tuesday and I felt a little
under the weather, but I never got sick or anything. Thursday it snowed a ton
and we had to park the car in the morning and so Sister Hansen and I walked to
our appointment that morning, which was way fun! This Saturday Kat will be
baptized!!! We are really excited for her!
I love you all! This
week you should read Helaman 3 and 5! They are really good, especially Hel.
3:27-28, 35 and Hel. 5:9-12 and the Abinadab part.
Also, yesterday we
got to teach a lesson to an active family who are currently having a little
struggle and we shared the Just Keep Swimming part and the business part from
the article "Enduring Well" from the Jan. 2014 Ensign. Did you read
it this week? You should! It's awesome!
Anyway, thanks for all the pictures! I sure love you all! Keep going! Keep pushing forward! :)
Anyway, thanks for all the pictures! I sure love you all! Keep going! Keep pushing forward! :)
LOVE YOU LOTS,
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
No comments:
Post a Comment