Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kaitlyn has started her new year off with a bang! She is with a new companion but in the same ward with the same address.



Hi family!                                                                                Jan. 6, 2014
This might not be super long, sorry! I am running out of time.
I'm glad your holidays were fun! I hope that going back to school won't be too horrible either.
Mom: Have fun in Missouri! That's so awesome that you get to go and see Britt and the fam and that Sadie will get to live in England! :)
So this week was transfers! Sister H is now home and has been released as a full-time missionary (which is crazy to think about) and my new companion is Sister H! (a different H) She is awesome! She was transferred from Castle Rock and has been out for about 10-ish months. So she is the senior companion, which is fine, and we have tried really hard to work really hard! This week was amazing too because we got 6 referrals (which is awesome!) and found two new investigators! One is named E____ and she grew up Presbyterian and we are going to see her tonight and hopefully teach her about the Restoration and invite her to be baptized! Then the 11th ward elders called us yesterday and told us about this girl who is named K_____ and she is 16 and she has been going to their ward for about a year and her parents just said that she could be baptized and she lives in our ward! So that means that we will be able to teach her! So those are tender mercies and we are really excited about them! The work is really progressing! And I LOVE to hear all about all the missionary work that you have gotten to do lately with S______! I'm glad that she is so happy and filled now! And how is that new Spanish couple doing?
Dad: It makes me really happy to hear that you get to teach seminary and that you get to go to the temple as Priesthood! Thanks for always being faithful to the Priesthood that you hold-that really means a lot!
Emma: I hope you have an awesome first time at the temple for baptisms! I LOVE doing baptisms at the temple! It is so cool, and so much fun!
Sasa: I'm glad you get to go to the temple too! That's awesome! Oh and I think I got 1800 on my SAT...or 1850 or something...but I can't remember. Sorry! That's so cool to hear about your projected score though! Way to go!
Okay so last Monday after emails I got your package! Thank you SO much for the fudge! (It's already gone...haha.) And thanks for the cute scarf! Mom, did you make it? It's so awesome! And I'm actually wearing it right now!
 I sent a Christmas card to the Institute by the way and I got an email today from Elder and Sister Boone! Oh and the Institute sent me a card last week too, which was cool! And Dad! Thanks for your postcard! I think I got it on Thursday. But I loved it! Thanks so much! :) The fireworks in the picture are cool and I liked your note to me. :)
This week has been pretty cold, but it mostly started on Friday. On Saturday we had to "park our car", we weren't allowed to drive it, but we got rides from the members.
Oh so we went to visit a lady in our ward named R______ who lives in an apartment complex and we accidentally went to the wrong apartment and knocked, but I realized it was the wrong one after we had knocked (the building looked exactly the same! R's building was just a little more east than I thought...) and a lady opened the door and she was dying her hair so we left a mormon.org card with our phone number on it. But it was just funny to accidentally go to the wrong apartment! Oops!
Well, I think that's about all I have for this week! I hope your week is wonderful and that your year is going well! Love you all! And I miss you too!
<3 Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
P.S. This week you should read Alma 52:31 and think about what you can do to try and be "fresh and full of strength" okay? I love you and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment