Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Yay! We finally heard from Kaitlyn. She is now in Colorado and is loving it. Here's her latest letter and some great pictures. Enjoy!

Hello family!!!
It's so nice to hear from you all! We didn't get a chance to email last Monday when we got to Colorado Springs so I feel like it's been a really long time since I've gotten to talk to you all and write letters. 
It sounds like you all had lots of fun at the Phantom of the Opera! I wish I could have gone with you but I am pretty busy over here and having a good time. I have to say though, being a missionary is really hard! Like it's unbelievable! We get up early, work all day, try to stay positive and keep everything clean (with our limited personal time) and we plan a LOT which I'm not specifically used to. Anyway, we got to talk a little in RS because the lesson was all about missionary work and we were asked to speak on how we overcome challenges as a missionary. Even though I'm still really new, I have come to realize that you overcome by relying on the Lord. Mom, do you remember when you used to make us pray when we were being unkind and rude? You'd tell us to pray until we felt like praying. I hated it when you would tell me to do that, but that's seriously what you have to do! There are so many miracles that I have already seen, but the days are rollercoasters! Anyway, you are probably dying right now because I haven't told you about my companions...
Yep! That's right! You just read companionS! (emphasis on the plural) I have TWO companions! I think it's called a tripanionship or something. But anyway, Sister Clawson who was in my MTC District is one of my new companions, and the other one is Sister Hendricks and she is our trainer! Sister Clawson is from Provo, UT and is 19 and is about 5'3''. She is awesome! She works hard and really wants to be here and change people's lives. She said that before she left, her mom told her that she was leaving her family for a short time so that she could help other families be together for all time. (Or something like that. But isn't that cool?!) And Sister Hendricks is from Logan, UT, she is 22 almost 23 and has been out for 16 months! So, in missionary terms, we will "kill her off", meaning we'll be her last companions before she goes home. She is a very hard worker and helps us be obedient and learn what to do. (I am being obedient on my own too, don't worry!)
We are in the Colorado Springs East Stake, so we can see Pike's Peak all the time! When I got here last Monday the 7th, it was brown and now it is all snowy! We are also in the 15th Ward, which is great.
Mom: Good luck with seminary! You'll be alright, I know it! 2 Nephi 9 is great. You should definitely check out Alma 32 though. It talks ALL about faith and it's really neat! I especially like verse 27(I think) about experimenting upon your faith. How is your foot doing by the way?
Dad: It's sounds like your training is going well! Good thing Mom gets up early for seminary anyway, so you can both wake up before the crack of dawn! And my bike is working great! I was quite wobbly for the first couple of days but I'm doing better. :) Praying definitely helps! With my wobbles and with the hills! Because Colorado Springs has a TON of hills! And our area is a bike area, so that is our main transportation! Our Zone Leaders saw us riding the other night though and I guess it softened their hearts because they did say that when it gets to be winter-time the 6th ward elders (who have a car) will share it with us. SO that's nice! But for now we are doing alright. Although I think my helmet might be too small. It pokes my head sometimes. :(
Savannah (super Sasa): That sounds like an AWESOME babysitting job! Do you wanna send me some of your earnings? ;) Haha, just kidding. That's funny about the booster seat thing though. Haha. How is school going though? It sounds like you've been doing better, but I want YOU to tell me too! 
Emma (my cutie pie): Good job on all of your soccer accomplishments! I've been hearing all about them! When I get back we'll have to play and you can cream me, okay?

Anyway, I do want to mention that I don't think the mission office forwards packages. I think you have to pick them up. So I'm not sure what to do about that. Hmm...And do you know what Mimi and Bapop specifically sent? Because I actually do need my extra tights and my boots and peacoat. It's starting to get cold and I will need them. 
By the way have you gotten my letters? I've sent probably 3 or so. You should write back! Or something! My address is: 6331 Council Point Apt.# 205 Colorado Springs, CO 80923. And I need a piece of mail so I can get a permanent library card so I can email again next week. Anyway, have fun in Spain soon! When will you be gone again? 
I love you all! I'm glad you're enjoying life! Keep it up and DO MISSIONARY WORK! Seriously! The message we can teach people will not only save their lives, but also their souls for eternity, so think about that if you're afraid to talk to someone or invite someone to an activity and maybe it will give you courage. Don't worry though, I still have trouble with talking to people all the time. But good luck! :)
Love,
<3 Sister Tarr! :)    
 
 I forgot to mention that we got to go to the Denver Temple last Saturday! We were lucky and got to go even though normally you only get to go once, halfway through your mission.
 
 
 Sister Tarr and her MTC Companion, Sister Hall (and a photo bombing Elder) hehe

 Kaitlyn and Sister Hall, getting the hang of riding their bikes.  What a cool statue!
 What an epic picture of the temple and the mountains!  Love it!
 Beautiful Sister Tarr!
 The map!  I love this picture!
 Mission President!
 I'm not sure who the Elders are, but probably in her district.


 Cute Sisters in the MTC
 The Denver Temple! 
 Sister Tarr, Sister Clawson and Sister Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment