Hello family!!! May
5, 2014
Starting off, I am really excited to
be able to talk with you all THIS Sunday!
I will be getting transferred this
Wednesday and I will be going to the North Stake in the Gleneagle ward. I will
be a senior companion over a sister who is three months out who's named Sister
Murdoch. I've met her before briefly, but I don't really know her. I'm excited
though! She seems cool! Oh and I will be in a biking area! Woo! That's kinda
cool! I'm quite sad to be leaving the 15th ward though... :( I'll be fine
though. Oh and I'll be moving into a member home! I've been in an apartment my
whole mission, so that will be a new experience.
J______ and her family did not come
to church yesterday, which is sad! But S____, our new investigator did for her
second time and she is doing well! We have already taught her the Restoration
and she definitely felt the Spirit when we were sharing the First Vision with
her! She does want to be baptized, but is a little hesitant to set a date right
now. Sister Harrop and her new missionary will work with her on that though. :)
NORAD was great! I hope you liked
the pictures!
I'm still pretty sad to hear about
Brother Johnson. I hope all of you are okay, and Sister Johnson too. I will
definitely keep her in my prayers.
Thanks for that advice about
transferring and getting new companions. I'll try to keep it in mind!
Well, I sure love you all a LOT!
Have a great week! I'll talk to you on Mother's Day!!! :) (I can't wait!)
Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
P.S. The scripture for the week is 1
Nephi 17:15! Enjoy!
Hi family! May
12, 2014
It was great to talk to you all
again on Saturday! You all looked so good! Thanks for being flexible, too, when
I found out that I needed to switch times.
Then after, (talking to you) we help
chop down trees, split and stack the wood for a family in Black Forest who is
trying to fix up their property after what happened from the fires last year.
It was fun!
So, the transition is a little
difficult. I miss 15th ward a LOT, and it’s weird not knowing anything about
this new ward, or the people in it. But I think it will get better as time goes
on.
Mom, I'm glad that you had such a
great Mother's Day! Yay! Sorry that I couldn't be there to hang out with you.
Sometimes my mission seems to be going by really fast, but other times it seems
to be really slow. Weird how that happens. Are you excited for Brittany to have
Reid! Oh man, I can't even wait to see the pictures and to just know that
everything will work out!
We have given a gazillion names to the
ward of people who we visited and had moved. We felt really useful when we did
that.
To answer your questions mom:
Biggest lesson: Just when I think I
have FINALLY mastered something (like patience, or being hardworking, or
whatever), I always have to work on it more anyway. Which I think is normal.
But I think I have learned more about how to communicate better and that I have
a lot to improve on, but that Heavenly Father will help me with it. (Hopefully
that doesn't sound TOO jumbled or silly!)
Biggest blessing: I've realized how
blessed I really was growing up in a good family and with parents who were and
are good examples to me. A lot of other missionaries didn't have that. And then
on my mission, I've realized how Heavenly Father really takes care of all of
his children and is aware of all of them. I've also been blessed with a
conviction to never, ever fall away from the gospel, especially because I've
seen that happen to some of my cousins and extended family.
Oh sorry, I kind of answered the
third question in my second answer! Hopefully that's kinda what you were
looking for! It's not too insightful, sorry!
Well, I sure love you all! Thanks
for being awesome and for taking care of me so much!
LOVE YOU!
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
Hello family! How are you?! May
19, 2014
So some things really fast before I
forget:
Next Monday is Memorial Day so my
P-day won't be until Tuesday the 27th, which I believe is day Brittany
is supposed to have Reid. SO you better tell me how that goes, okay?!
Also, dad, I was wondering what
you thought of those NORAD pictures that I sent a few weeks ago? Mom said that
she thought you would be pretty interested in them.
Okay, so miracle of the week: We
were at a meeting on Friday and afterward we checked our
phone and had gotten two media referrals! So on Saturday we went and
met with one of them who's named H______ and our Bishop and some
Elders gave her a blessing and we talked about the Restoration and invited
her to be baptized on June 8th and she said yes! :) And then she
actually came to church yesterday! So that's awesome and we are really pumped!
Hopefully she is able to really progress! Also, she has two sons who we will
hopefully be able to teach, or at least refer to the YSA missionaries.
But, this week we had District
meeting on Thursday (which is usually on Friday, but we had a different meeting
on Friday) and my District leader shared something that was really good! It was
this: (0123456789) (10) and then he made this point: that even though we're not
able to ever be perfect, or be a 10, it doesn't mean we are automatically
lumped into being a 0. We may be an 8, which is really good! And just because
it's not perfect, we are not a 0. Anyway, I thought it was pretty uplifting, so
I wanted to share that with you.
Also, at Zone Conference, we talked
about being personally converted and how our own strong, personal testimony can
really make a difference as we teach people about the gospel. And at the
end, the missionaries who are departing from their missions within the
next three months each bore their testimonies, and there were 7
missionaries who are leaving from my zone. It was really neat listening
to their testimonies, though, and feeling the Spirit and it inspired me to
want to really do my best every day, more than what I'm doing right
now, because before I know it, my mission will be almost over, and that
will be me about to go home. And that thought makes me really sad, even
though it will be a good thing for me to come home, and even though it will be
time for me to come home then. I just really want to make the most of
being a missionary right now while I can! Also, I talked to President and
he said that it would be best to come home in April and that I might be able to
come home a little early, but, in general, it would be better for me to go home
when it is planned. They have special little classes they do for us to try
and help the transition be a little easier when we come home. But I will talk
to the new mission president about it too when he comes. Don't worry
though! It will all work out!
Also, I just remembered, but I gave
a talk yesterday in church and introduced myself and kinda shared why I decided
to serve a mission and also bore my testimony about the Book of Mormon and it
was really good! I have to go. I love you all! I will try to send some
pictures next week, okay?
I LOVE YOU!
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
May
27, 2014
So YAY about Brittany! That is
so exciting! :) I'm glad that everything went well! He's so adorable!
I'm sorry mom that you haven't been
feeling well! I'm glad your talk went well though.
Savannah! You are too much of a
babe! You look amazing! I'm glad that you had lots of fun and that you were
able to keep the commandments too! Heavenly Father will bless you for that.
What was your date's name again? Oh and your dress is gorgeous! WOW!
Emma, don't forget to tell mom to
send pictures of you at your celebrations, okay? And good luck with all of your
exams! And I know school isn't your favorite thing, but I promise it's a good
thing!
Yay, that's awesome to hear that you
could go and help the missionaries with a lesson! That really makes a big
difference!
Dad, that makes me sad to hear that
Papa's not doing super well. :( Thanks for telling me though. Yay! That's so
great about Gary and Amanda! I wish them luck! Gary did email me awhile back,
so that was nice!
To answer your questions:
H_____ is someone who we are
teaching who has a date for June 8th and we have dinner with her tomorrow night
and we will teach her then!
B______ is a referral who we haven't
met, but who we called and he called us back last week. The member friend is
willing to let us teach him in his home too, which is great. So hopefully we
will meet B____ this week!
J_____ is someone who we met
yesterday while buying a drink at the gas station in our area and she said that
she had driven by the church before and she recognized that our tags were the
same name and so we invited her to church and I think she will come!
E_____ is someone who we're teaching
who believes almost all the things we have taught her about. Although she
doesn't think she needs to be baptized again because she doesn't understand the
Priesthood too well yet.
Also, the K______’s (the
investigator family from my last area) will be getting baptized either this
weekend or the next! WOOHOO! :)
Sister Murdock is great! She
is really funny and a great missionary! She's a hard worker and willing to
bike, which is nice! She doesn't feel well a lot, but when she does, our days
are awesome and filled with lots of work! :)
So that's kinda what's been going
on!
Being a senior companion is good!
It's actually very similar to being a junior companion except that I report the
stats to President every week. But Sister Murdock and I have different
strengths, so we can work well together! She's good at talking to random
strangers, so when I feel nervous or shy talking to someone, she is a really
good example to me. But I know the lessons a little better than she does
because I have been out longer, etc. So it works well! If I ever train, though,
it will be a big adjustment because my companion won't know anything! So that
will probably be a big difference.
I love you all! You're great! Thanks
for being awesome and being good examples! Keep sharing the gospel with those
around you too!
I LOVE YOU!
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
No comments:
Post a Comment