Thursday, February 27, 2014

Every letter is wonderful to us! We love hearing about her life and the people she is teaching!



Dear family!                                                                            Feb. 3, 2014
Shoot! That is so cool that you got to watch the game without breaking the Sabbath AND that the Seahawks stomped the Broncos! I heard the final score was 48-8! Crazy! Also, now I'm happy because I want to get a Broncos T-shirt (because I'm serving my mission in Bronco territory) and because they lost, the clothes will probably (hopefully) be on sale! We'll see though.
Anyway, enough football talk! I'm happy to hear that you all had a wonderful time at the Harry Potter Tour! I love the pictures you sent! There are really fun and cute!
Okay, you want a detailed outline of this past week? Here goes! (Don't get too bored though, haha.)
Monday: Exercise, study, email, grocery store, write letters/clean, dinner, lesson with a LA (we talked about Alma 34 and prayer), nightly planning.
Tuesday: Exercise, study, Weekly Planning, lesson with K___ (our investigator-now RC), dinner (with the Dow's actually, and I said thanks yesterday at church for the note that they sent you), Book of Mormon read with an eternal investigator-type guy named A_______. (By the way, I think he emailed you a video of me and Sister Hendricks, so you should check your inbox/spam, etc. and see if he emailed you. His wife is an active member, and he is really awesome.)
Wednesday: Interviews/Workshops with our mission president, President Anderson! These happen every other transfer, and this week we had ours! In my interview with President Anderson we talked about ways to not get upset at ourselves if we're not perfect and how to better talk to those who we don't know, even if it's scary. Our workshops were all about family history and how it relates to the doctrine of eternal families and how we can use that as a finding tool (and so can you), and about using our time more effectively through planning. Then we taught a young man who is preparing to go on his mission to Milan, Italy in April and we taught him Lesson 3, then we talked about family history with the High Priest group leader and his wife, found a couple new Potential Investigators named S____ and R____, and then had dinner and then had K___’s baptismal interview! By the way she is 16. And she's really awesome! Savannah, you should be her FaceBook friend!
Thursday: Exercise, study, service for a lady in our ward (we pulled wallpaper off the wall, helped her sort her family's laundry, vacuum her floor, etc.), had lunch there, taught her and her family about temples (her daughter is V_______, who recently got baptized) and then went to the library to go on mormon.org, lds.org and familysearch.org, and then did some stop-by's until dinnertime. Then after dinner we went over to the Bujaci's and talked about "Put Your Trust in the Lord" form Oct. 2013 Gen. Con. After that we went over to the Greene's house and Bro. Greene is in the bishopric and we talked about family history!
Friday: We had our District meeting, which was about listening and asking questions (pg. 183-185 from Preach My Gospel chapter 10). It was really fun and I learned a lot! Then we went to shovel snow for some people in our ward and found another potential investigator and then our car had to get parked (because it was snowy and dangerous outside, so we weren't allowed to drive anymore that day), so then our dinner appointment brought us dinner to our apartment (and it was the Paligo's, I was so excited to go to their house!). So that was lame because then we had to cancel our night appointment, but it was okay...
Saturday: We correlated with our ward mission leader, Brother Hartley, and then went home to finish our studies and eat lunch and then Sister Hansen slept for a couple hours because she wasn't feeling very good, and so I updated our Area Book and our board and started working on the progress record, and then we went and did some stop-by's before the baptism. Then at the baptism, I gave the Missionary Moment (which is basically a really short lesson about the Restoration and we recite the First Vision and everything. I was kinda nervous, but I think it actually went really well!) and Sister Hansen gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.
Sunday: We have church at 9 a.m. so we don't have time to do much studying before church, so we went to church and K__ was confirmed (which was awesome! She was glowing afterward) and then we went to a youth class because we teach every other week and so we let the older young men teach the lesson and they did a great job, then we went to Primary for a little bit to talk about how "Our Life on Earth" (part of the Plan of Salvation lesson) relates to doing missionary work! Then we went to Relief Society and talked all about trials and how to overcome them. Then we went and had a lesson with a LA named Scott Francis who was really nice, and who will hopefully come back to church, then had another lesson with a lady named M_______, then had our missionary coordination meeting with our ward mission leader, the ward missionaries and the auxiliary presidents. Then we went and picked up dinner because the people who we had dinner with said their family was pretty sick. :( Oh and by the way we fasted and I bore my testimony in church about the power of the Holy Ghost and the Book of Mormon! Then we went to what is now called the "Hastening the Work of Salvation" fireside and K___ spoke, and some other people and it was really good! And then our bishop from our ward came and so did our ward mission leader and they were telling Sister Anderson (our mission president's wife) how great of a missionary I am. And so THAT was really cool and nice! They both said that they keep forgetting that I'm a new missionary and that they want me to stay next transfer. So that was really cool!
Anyway, that was ridiculously long, but that's basically what happened this past week!
I love you all and hope you are doing well! Thanks for all your support and you prayers, I can really feel them! I pray for you guys all the time! And this week I just have felt really, really happy, so that is good!
I LOVE YOU!
<3 Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)
P.S. Read Helaman 9-11 this week! And my scripture "theme" this week is Helaman 10:4-5,12. Enjoy! LOVE you!

                                                                                                Feb. 10, 2014
Hi Family! So I usually do my short emails to other people first, but I am going to email you all first instead!
Transfers are this week and we found out that I will still be serving in the 15th ward and Sister Hansen and I will still be companions! So that’s good! Our District leader, Elder Cook,  though has been transferred, and that’s sad because he’s really cool. But that means that we will have a new District Leader! Also, it makes me kinda nervous about next transfer! I don’t know how long I will stay in 15th. I do like it though, it’s a great area and the people are awesome! But it seems like my transfers are always going to be a week after transfers in your ward there!
So, this week was a little slow. We had P-day on Monday and then on Tuesday I was sick (I felt achy and a little lightheaded/dizzy and had a headache and stuff, but now I’m feeling much better, so don’t worry about me!)and so we had to stay in for the WHOLE day and that stunk. It was really cold and snowy that day though. Then on Wednesday we had Weekly Planning and we did get to go out and teach, so that was good.  Thursday Sister Hansen wasn’t feeling super great, so we had to stay in for a few hours. Friday we had District Meeting and that was really good, and then we got to go out and teach. Saturday we also got to go and teach but Sister Hansen still wasn’t feeling well so we had to stay in for a little bit. Sunday though, was great! We had church and a few lessons/stop-by’s. And now today is Monday, P-day! But that was last week! Hopefully this week will be better!
My weekly scripture for this week is Helaman 12:2-3, 7-8 and they are a little bold, but really good because they remind you to always remember the Lord, in your good times and your bad times, and to be more obedient than the dust of the earth! Haha.
Anyway, I love you all! I hope you are doing great! Thanks for all your support and your emails and letters and love! It really makes a difference! I hope this week goes really well for you and that you enjoy your week off! Oh and by the way, Mother’s Day is only like 3 months away…woohoo!
LOVE YOU!
<3 Sister Kaitlyn Tarr J

No comments:

Post a Comment