Monday, November 18, 2013

A bit of Kaitlyn's latest letter. I love to hear about the support she receives from the people in her area.

This week was a miracle week! We had really bad stats for like 4-5 days of the week because we had weekly planning and then a Mission Tour and District meeting which took up a lot of time and we were just not feeling very productive this week, but then we were blessed to be able to teach a lot this last couple of days and ended up teaching 50 lessons, which is the most we have taught all transfer! So that was really cool to be able to see how we were blessed.
Oh and also, Elder Bowen and President Anderson and their wives came to inspect our apartment to see if it was clean and Elder Bowen also left a blessing on our apartment on Friday and that was pretty neat! Mom, this week was kinda discouraging! But don't worry! The people here knew just what to say to lift me up and I know that I am doing the Lord's work and what He wants me to do. I am also feeling really happy and positive right now too! :)
Oh guess what? Today is transfers! I am getting a new District Leader, and one new Zone Leader which is kinda sad because they were awesome, but I'm sure the new ones will be awesome too!
Also, last Monday Sister -------------, who was the one who emailed you about the olive pizza took Sister Hendricks and I out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant in her red convertible Mustang! It was so cool! I didn't take pictures though...I'll do better at taking more pictures, I promise.
Sister Kaitlyn Tarr :)

P.S. The spiritual thought for the week is to read Ephesians 4:29-32 and then read Elder Holland's talk about the "Tongue of Angels" and think about how you can all have more peace at home and be unifed as a family. Also, I was asked this week to share how I have changed since being on a mission, and I guess I could say that I have realized that I am not important. God is important, and other people are important and need to receive the gospel, but I am here not for myself, not to be exalted as a missionary or recognized for how many lessons I teach or how many people I baptize, but I am here to help God's work progress. I think that I have become more selfless and more focused on others. Love you all! Adieu! :) Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment